The Data Architect is response for definition and implementation of technical standards, guidelines and data/integration architectures for a large project, illustrating mastery of design patterns and practices. This may include data integration, design of data flow, collaboration with multiple IT teams and adherence to data warehouse best practices and standards.
The Data Architect will provide framework, stewardship, governance and decision-making for management of data for project development teams, business users and other stakeholders. The Data Architect is responsible for independently working on a project under the day-to-day supervision of an NVISIA Project Manager.
Applicants must be comfortable with 20% regional travel.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
- Heavy data migration and transformation experience
- Strong ETL experience, coupled with hands-on expertise with various third party ETL tools, such as Informatica, Cognos, SSIS, Data Manager and/or Data Stage
- Provide technical leadership to ETL developers and integration engineers
- Provide leadership and mentoring to ETL developers, integration engineers and data analysts on Data Lineage strategy and implementation.
- Superior SQL skills and ability to write and interpret complex SQL statements
- Provide mentoring on SQL optimization and debugging to ETL developers and Integration engineers
- Documents high-level business capabilities in Conceptual Data Model
- Refines business capabilities in Logical Data Model
- Realizes Logical Data Model during creation of Physical Data Model, taking into account non-functional requirements (such as performance and ease of access) and physical environmental concerns (such as infrastructure, DB vendor, etc.)
- Responsible for designs of on-line transactional processing (OLTP), operational data store (ODS) and decision support system (DSS) (e.g., Data Warehouse) databases, utilizing dimensional and normalized data designs as appropriate for enterprise-wide solutions
- Experience with Ralph Kimball methodologies is a plus
- Responsible for design of conformed and non-conformed dimensions
- Responsible for implementing different types of data retention (e.g., Type 1 versus Type 2 dimension) in data designs
- Designs proper data indexing strategy to satisfy data access requirements
- Responsible for Master Data Management (a single view of a particular domain)
- Shows capacity to apply various data architecture styles and integration patterns
- Demonstrated information architecture knowledge
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment and provide direction
- Define and manage the testing (functional and user acceptance testing) processes for validation of the Physical Data Model and the data services that interact with it
- Performs data architecture reviews
- Can design a data architecture/integration solution and oversee the technical deliverables of the team for accuracy while suggesting areas of improvement
- The ideal candidate should be able to work as a lead to define the strategy and how tools should be used for that environment
- Experience with relational databases such as IBM DB2, Oracle, TeraData, Microsoft SQL Server, etc. required
- Experience in BI tools such as Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, etc. is highly preferred
- Experience in data analysis and data mapping is required
- Effectively communicates, interfaces, and presents to team members and business users
- Superior communication skills - both verbal and written
- Effectively drives the work that needs to be completed with little direction; self-starter
- Good problem solving and analysis skills
- Highly motivated team player; positive attitude, commitment and perseverance
- Solid principles of customer service
- BA or BS, preferably in computer science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience in the areas of general data warehouse / business intelligence report application development